Dr. Bryan Tan Hsi Ming
Mon - Fri: 9am - 5pm
Sat: 9am - 1pm
Unit Number #05-02
6282 2611 / 9154 0668 (Whatsapp)
- Dr Bryan Tan is an orthopaedic surgeon currently practising at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Singapore. He has a special interest in keyhole surgeries of the shoulder and elbow and has performed the largest number of bone transfer procedures via keyhole surgery (arthroscopic Latarjet Procedure), in Singapore. These complex procedures are performed in young, active patients with shoulder joint bone injuries causing recurrent dislocations.
- Dr Tan first graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) with his Bachelor’s degree and proceeded to complete his specialisation studies in the UK. In the meantime, he was also awarded a Masters degree in Medicine by NUS.
- Dr Tan has served in the Department of Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery and the Division of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery/Sports in National University Hospital (NUHS), Singapore. He has also served in the orthopaedic departments of many other restructured hospitals in Singapore, and is still a visiting consultant at NUHS.
- Dr Tan has also sought to gain international experience in his specialty. He was awarded an ASEAN Travelling Fellowship in 2010 and named honorary fellow at St Vincent’s Sportsmed, St Vincent’s Hospital and Nepean Hospital in New South Wales, Australia. In 2013, Dr Tan attended further training as a fellow in the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire L’Archet 2 Hospital, Nice, France.
- Dr Tan remains involved in the further development of medical education. He was a member of the core faculty in the Division of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, NUHS, and helped develop the Shoulder and Elbow Program and Curriculum for the NUHS Residency Program. He has also organised courses such as the Cadaveric Advanced Shoulder Course and Cadaveric Shoulder Course, and was appointed course chairman of the Shanghai Cadaveric Shoulder Course in China and the course chairman for the Cadaveric Shoulder Course, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Dr Bryan Tan is experienced in the management of orthopaedic trauma, sports orthopaedic surgery including shoulder and elbow arthroscopy, ligament reconstruction, labral repair and rotator cuff repair. He is also experienced in joint arthroplasty including shoulder, elbow, knee and hip hemiarthroplasties or total arthroplasties.